Home Buying Made Easy
10 Easy Steps to Owning a New Home
Buying a new home is a significant purchase. In this step-by-step guide, you'll learn what it takes to own your new home, from beginning to end.
1. Search for new home communities at connerhomes.com. Today everything starts online. You can literally have every possible home choice, including location, price point, and floor plan right at your fingertips.
2. Choose your top three communities and register online - Make an appointment with an onsite Conner Homes Sales Representative.
3. Have a list -Think of all the things that are important to you in a new home and bring it with you to your appointment.
4. Take notes on what you like and didn’t like after each visit. It is unlikely that one community or home meets your exact needs, so you will want to decide what's the most important, and what can you live without. It’s a series of compromises.
5. Get prequalified with a trusted lender. What's the most you can afford? Contact our trusted lenders HERE.
6. Once you are ready to make your move – An onsite Conner Homes Sales Representative will walk you through a quick one-page “offer sheet” which notes the house plan and home site you want to purchase.
7. Finalize a simple purchase and sale agreement - We walk you through every step of the new home process!
8. Watch your new home come together. Depending on what stage the home is in – it could be as little as 30 days to 6 months before move-in. Plan accordingly.
9. Sign your new home paperwork, and that's it!
10. The keys to your new home are all yours!