Current Career Opportunities
Conner Homes is a rewarding place to work. You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a high work ethic and strong character who are driven to work in the most efficient, effective manner, resulting in the highest customer satisfaction. It’s having the flexibility to utilize your skills and your eagerness to learn in a group of self-motivated, proactive individuals. It’s a place where new ideas are championed, creativity and collaboration are valued and individual contributions influence the course of the company.
We are always seeking individuals committed to professional growth with a constant drive for innovation. Conner Homes offers a great deal of diversity in one company, including: land development, design, marketing, sales, construction management, accounting, estimating, field construction and many types of construction. We invite you to explore the choices available with Conner Homes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Supports the Vice President of Land Development and Senior Vice President of Land Acquisition. Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents, land purchase and sale agreements, and land entitlement documentation and contracts. Requires occasional driving to and from sites and permitting jurisdictions.
- Perform market data research and assist with lead generation
- Prepare investor packages
- Proforma generation
- Attend and interface with Legal team
- Managing ongoing purchase and sale agreements
- Manage feasibility of new acquisitions
- Subconsultant contracting and management – site plan, utilities, concept grading
- Engage in weekly feasibility meetings for ongoing acquisitions
- Schedule preparation
- Create soft cost matrices
- Pre-application preparation and attendance
- Review title impacts to property
- Manage projects from land development through preliminary plat, engineering plan approval and final plat recording
- Be primary point of contact with municipal staffs; establish and maintain quality relationships with permitting jurisdictions and decision makers
- Manage new projects through public hearing and preliminary plat approval
- Contract and manage consultants through engineering approval
- Manage final plat administration
- Assemble final plat submittal documents per jurisdictional requirements
- Manage final plat process through local jurisdiction and county offices to recording
- Prepare and manage project entitlement schedules
- Manage house product fit and analysis
- Development of bond management
- Monitor status of issued bonds
- Inform Land Development Manager of key dates for renewal or inspections
- Manage jurisdiction approval of work and release of bonds including inspection scheduling
- Bachelor’s Degree in Land Use Planning, Construction Management or related field from accredited educational institution.
3-5 years of directly related experience and/or training in Project Management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and information journals, technical procedures, legal documents or governmental regulations. Proficient in writing business correspondence and effectively presenting information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Strong ability to calculate figures and amounts such as those commonly found in business transactions; Familiarity with cash flow modeling and proformas is a plus.
- Practical problem-solving skills and ability to deal with variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project), Email, contract management and other specialized software applications utilized daily.
- Flexible and highly organized with a strong orientation to detailed/quality work. A high level of follow-through is required.
- Proven ability to work with multiple projects and manage competing priorities; Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Ability to be on phone and computer for most of the day.
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Ability to work in environmental conditions that vary depending on weather, stage of production, and where work takes place. Some of the following conditions apply at various times, hot, cold, wet, dry, muddy, humid, windy, calm, bright, dark, noisy, dusty, poor lighting, poor ventilation, temperature variations, fog and rain. Airborne particles such as wood dust, drywall dusts, etc. are common in the field environment. Proper personal protective equipment (PPE) is required as trained and supplied by the Company.
As Purchasing & Options Agent, you will assist the Sr. Purchasing Manager with data management associated with the Purchasing Department processes, options/upgrades maintenance, contract management related to the construction of both residential single-family and multi-family homes, and general office responsibilities.
Position Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Data and information management
- Utilize various office systems to perform responsibilities
- Compiling and filing of data.
- Coordinate with Sales, Marketing and Option Teams.
- Manage Option Descriptions, obtain and manage Option Pricing in “Envision” system.
- Coordinate Option Selection with Sales/Marketing/Buyers.
- Option System “Envision” Maintenance.
- Review plans Lot Matrix for upcoming communities
- Maintain Option pricing spreadsheets.
- Perform basic quantity constructional take-offs.
- Send Bid and Option Packages to Subcontractors and manage Bid process for each project.
- Communicate verbally and electronically with pool of subcontractors.
- Review bids and bid analysis and add data to spreadsheets to assist PMs to award contracts.
- Maintain subcontractor information including contacts, etc.
- Maintain and update Licensing and Insurance documentation.
- Prepare new subcontracts and import contracts to account software.
- Review, prepare, and issue approved change orders with PMs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, or related field; or 2+ years of directly related experience and/or training.
- Communication and Negotiating skills.
- Ability to be flexible, highly organized, strong orientation to details and a high level of follow-through.
- Proven ability to work with multiple projects and manage competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Timberline accounting software preferred.
- MS Office proficiency.
- Occasional standing, walking (including stairs and uneven ground) and sitting; occasional lifting.
- May require occasional driving from one jobsite to another. Environmental conditions vary depending on weather, stage of production, and where work takes place. Some of the following conditions apply at various times, hot, cold, wet, dry, muddy, humid, windy, calm, bright, dark, noisy, dusty, poor lighting, poor ventilation, temperature variations, fog and rain. Airborne particles such as wood dust, drywall dusts, etc. are common in the field environment.