Current Career Opportunities
Conner Homes is a rewarding place to work. You’ll be surrounded by smart people with a high work ethic and strong character who are driven to work in the most efficient, effective manner, resulting in the highest customer satisfaction. It’s having the flexibility to utilize your skills and your eagerness to learn in a group of self-motivated, proactive individuals. It’s a place where new ideas are championed, creativity and collaboration are valued and individual contributions influence the course of the company.
We are always seeking individuals committed to professional growth with a constant drive for innovation. Conner Homes offers a great deal of diversity in one company, including: land development, design, marketing, sales, construction management, accounting, estimating, field construction and many types of construction. We invite you to explore the choices available with Conner Homes.
As a Customer Care Technician, you will work under the supervision of the Customer Care Manager to provide direct technical service to our homeowners. This position requires proven troubleshooting and technical skills, extremely professional personal presentation, and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Perform customer service tasks as scheduled and assigned by the Customer Care Scheduling Manager in all Conner Homes neighborhoods. To include, but not limited to: Drywall patch and repair, Light painting, Light finish carpentry, Periodic Attic/Crawl space inspection, Light plumbing or electrical, Trouble shooting
- Timely completion of service requests based on Conner Homes Warranty Service performance standards
- Accurate daily reporting and record keeping
- Foster and maintain successful relationships with internal production and subcontractor personnel to troubleshoot and resolve customer service issues
- Participate in bi-weekly Customer Service team meetings and contribute ideas and information from the field that will allow Conner Homes to improve its processes and service to its customers.
- Minimum 2 years construction experience, preferably in residential construction
- Knowledge of commonly accepted residential construction practices and standards in a wide variety of fields
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a changing environment with ease
- Demonstrably excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Comfort with basic office computer systems (MS office suite), and web-based applications such as email and CRM software
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
The Cost Accountant will maintain all project related budgets, assist with basic accounting functions and work with the Accounts Payable Manager to process outflow of capital.
Maintain Lot level Budgets
- Import Original budgets based on Gate Approved Proforma
- Revise, edit and update all budgets as needed to maintain a ‘best estimate’ approach
- Complete closed home reviews to ensure proper costs were captured at the lot level
- Review job cost reports for mis-coded invoices/payments and reclass as needed
- Review, understand and report large changes to lot level budgets
Maintain Plat level Budgets
- Revise, edit and update Sales and Marketing, Indirect and Land Development budgets on a routine basis
- Review, understand and report large changes to plat level budgets
Management, Insurance, and Warranty Fees
- Prepare accruals for all Management and Insurance fees
- Prepare monthly billings/check requests for Management, Insurance, and Warranty fees
- Complete true ups for all Management, Insurance and Warranty fees routinely to ensure accuracy (each quarter based on closure of homes and at the end of a project)
Closed Lot Accounting
- Prepare Journal entries to charge job cost and Final Closing details to COS and Expense
- Prepare Insurance and Warranty checks
- Prepare Closed Home Review Reports (budget to actual) with Variance notes for each house closed during the month
- Report on the Profitability of projects on a Monthly basis
- Report on Quarterly Inventory status
- Maintain Utility refunds / requests
External Report Creation
- Monthly Cash and Debt balances
- A&D and Vertical Construction Loan Draw review
- Monthly and Quarterly B&O Tax reporting and payment
- Insurance audit reporting
- Coordinates with various banking partners to transmit information related to loan draws
- Maintains bank reconciliations, as assigned
- Maintains certain portions of the general ledger, as assigned
- Codes invoices, sets up new ledger accounts, reconciles accounts, and performs duties to assist with closing the monthly books
- Reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records
- Assists AP Coordinator to facilitate payments to vendors, verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies
- Assists AP Coordinator to ensure outstanding vendor obligations are credited upon payment
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting
- Ability to correctly prepare basic tax reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records
- Understand how the Financial Statements interrelate
- Coordinate with various departments across the organization
- Coordinate with vendors and banks
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required
- At least two years of General Ledger related experience required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds