Conner Homes + Chef John Howie Partnership: Cooking at Heron
Join us for a delicious dinner!
We are profoundly excited to release more about our partnership with Chef John Howie to our community, especially because in this video Chef John Howie shares some of his best recipes with Charlie Conner and all of us.
Let’s cook Chef John Howie’s famous five-cheese baked potato and steak together!
Learn a bit more about the food you eat, how to cook it properly, and enjoy your food to the fullest with proper seasoning.
Chef John Howie shares how his years of experience have cultivated a kitchen that makes the most sense, is workable, and is beautiful. His signature kitchen in the Conner Homes Heron project in Kirkland brings these elements to life. “My wife’s favorite thing in the world is having people over. I’ve been designing kitchens for a long time and I’ve got my kitchen pretty much down now. And we put a lot of those elements into the Heron project, like when you pull out a drawer, there are every one of your spices. So rather than going into your cabinet and you have to pull things out and search for them, they’re all there facing you. So, when you want to reach for something, everything is there. It makes it really comfortable for people to cook in their own kitchen.”
“When you want to reach for something, everything is there. It makes it really comfortable for people to cook in their own kitchen.” -Chef John Howie
Filet Mignon Ingredients:
- Two 8oz’s Filet Mignon Steak
- 1 Tsp. SeaStar – Steak Seasoning
Chef John Howie’s Five Cheese Twice Baked Potato
(Yield: 4 Servings)
- Stuffed Baked Potato 4
- Reggiano Parmigiano – Micro Plane Shaved 4 Tbsp.
- Chives – Fresh, Sliced ⅛” 2 Tsp.
Twice Baked 1/2 Stuffed Potato Ingredients
- Russet Potato – 40 Ct. 4 Each
- Butter – Whole, Salted ½ Cup
- Sour Cream ½ Cup
- Cheddar – Medium 6 Tbsp.
- Asiago – Shredded 4 Tbsp.
- Jack Cheese – Shredded 4 Tbsp.
- Rondele Cheese 4 Tbsp.
- Sea Salt 2 Tsp.
- Black Pepper – Ground ½ Tsp.
- White Pepper – Ground ¼ Tsp.
- Green Onion – Green And White Part, Sliced ¼” 2 Tbsp.
- Bacon – Cooked Medium Crisp, Diced ⅛- ¼ ” ½ Cup
Chef John Howie’s Roasted Veal Stock
(Yield: 1 Quart)
- Veal Bones – Cut 2 Lbs.
- Water – Cold 1 Gallon
- Yellow Onions – Peeled And Coarsely Chopped 1" Pieces 1/4 Cup (Packed)
- Celery – Coarse Cut 1" Pieces 1/8 Cup
- Carrots – Coarse Cut 1" Pieces 1/8 Cup
- Tomato Paste 2 Tbsp.
- Garlic – Whole, Clove, Crushed 2 Tsp.
- Peppercorns Black – Whole 1/4 Tsp.
- Bay Leaves – Whole 1 Ea.
- Thyme – Sprigs 3 Whole
- Italian Parsley – Sprigs 3 Whole
Chef John Howie’s Maître D’ Sauce
(Yield: Serves 2)
- Olive Oil 1 Tbsp.
- Shallot – Fresh Minced 1 Tbsp.
- Cognac 3 Tbsp.
- Veal Brown Stock – (See Above) 2/3 Cup
- Worcestershire Sauce ¼ Tsp.
- Butter – Unsalted 2 Tbsp.
We’re excited to fill our kitchens with the smells of a well-cooked meal, thanks to Chef John Howie’s famous recipes shared especially for us. Take a picture of your meal and send it to us and you have the chance to be featured on our social media.
“That is delicious” – Charlie Conner
Happy cooking, and cheers from all of us at Conner Homes.